Conserving and Managing Trees and Woodlands in Scotland's Designed Landscapes
This fully illustrated practice guide provides essential information on the effective stewardship of trees and woodlands in a designed landscape.Starting with a succinct review of the historic periods of design styles, the guidance section provides practical information on how all the tree elements can be conserved and managed.
The guidance sets out to:
- Aid understanding of what comprises an historic designed landscape
- Outline the components of designed landscapes, in particular their tree features, their design principles and common management issues
- Help plan a restoration, replanting or management project
- Assist owners in deciding what actions may be necessary when seeking funding for conservation management
- Provide background information and links to further sources of information