We're committed to providing high-quality services. We value complaints and use information from them to help us improve. If something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services, please tell us.

You can complain in person at any of our offices, by phone, in writing, or by email.

Complaints about a specific forest or area

If your complaint relates to a specific forest or area, please complain directly to your local Scottish Forestry office:

  • Our regional offices manage the National Forest Estate and any complaint related to activity in these forests should be directed to your local office.

  • Our Conservancy offices manage grants, regulations, licenses, policy and guidance for all of Scotland's forests and any complaint related to these matters should be directed to your local Conservancy office.

General complaints

For more general complaints, or those that don't relate to a specific geographical area, please direct your complaint to:

Scottish Forestry
National Office
Silvan House
231 Corstorphine Road
EH12 7AT

Tel: 0131 370 5250

How should I complain?

You can complain in person at any of our offices, by phone, in writing, or by email. When complaining, please tell us:

  • your full name and contact details
  • as much as you can about the complaint
  • what has gone wrong
  • how you want us to resolve the matter.

Our complaints procedure

Our complaints handling procedure guide (PDF 286KB) provides full details of our complaints procedure and how to make a complaint. It also tells you what you can expect from us and how to escalate your complaint if you're dissatisfied with the results of our complaints procedure.

What if I'm still dissatisfied?

If, having gone through our complaints procedure, you are still dissatisfied you can appeal to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO). For full details about this, please consult our complaints handling procedure guide (PDF 286KB).

Forest Research complaints