The Usewoodfuel website advises on everything from home heating to developing a large-scale energy plant. This includes:
- information for woodfuel users
- advice for potential suppliers
- details of funding and incentives for biomass projects
Funding and support
- The Forestry Grant Scheme provides grants for woodland creation and management. It also supports micro-enterprise investment in small-scale harvesting and processing equipment.
- The Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (Domestic RHI) (Ofgem) is open until March 2022. It provides financial support for renewable heat generation. It's paid on completed installations and can reduce cost-recovery time.
- The District Heating Loan Fund (Scottish Government) provides loans for renewable energy technologies to help organisations implement district heating projects that benefit local communities.
- The Local Energy Scotland manage the Scottish Government's Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES). They provide communities, businesses and other organisations advice and funding in all aspects of local, renewable energy.
Supply and demand
The woodfuel industry needs a robust supply chain. We supply large biomass volumes to industry, but offer extra volumes on the open market.
View our current tenders to find out more.
Contact Usewoodfuel for more information or if you have any questions.