What is the felling permission proposals within Forest Plan applications register?
This register contains details of new and amended forest plans, both from Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) such as land management plans or forest design plans, and from private forest owners such as Forestry Grant Scheme (FGS) long term forest plans. Both of these types of forest plans contain felling operations.
This register also contains amendments to legacy grant scheme contracts as detailed below.
Applications and amendments that appear on this register
- FDP: FLS management plans (forest design plans)
- FDA: Amendments to FLS plans
- FPA: Long term forest plan applications (under the FGS)
- AFP: Amendments to long term forest plans
This register also shows amendments to our legacy grant and regulatory schemes. Only a small handful of legacy cases are still being worked on but, if an amendment was needed, then the details would appear on this register:
- RPW: Rural priorities woodland creation
- RPF: Rural priorities forest plans
- SFG: Forestry Grant Scheme
- ASF: Amendment to FGS application
- WGS: Woodland Grant Scheme (WGS)
- WGA: Amendment to WGS application
- DED: Dedication Scheme
Information displayed on the register
The register of grant schemes shows:
- Case reference number with a link to a map or details of the proposal
- Property name
- Case type
- Approval status
- Nearest town
- Grid reference
- Conifer Area
- Broadleaved Area
- Due date (last day to send us your comments)
These applications are put on this register after the preparation of the plan has been approved (in the case of FGS cases) and the draft forest plan has been submitted to us for assessment.
Please note, long term forest plan applications are for work that will take place on private land and you may need permission to enter the area even if the case is listed on the register. Land management plans occur on FLS land that's accessible to the public.
How to use this register
When you access this register, you’ll see a map page that shows Scottish Forestry conservancy boundaries. Select an area of the map to start a search or use the text links on the right-hand side of the page.
When do applications appear on the register?
There are 2 case stages:
- cases marked as 'FPR' when we are prepared to approve them
- cases marked as 'CNT' (contract) when approval is made and details are again displayed
How to get details of an application
Contact your local office with the application reference number to get more details of cases on this register.
Please note, we may charged a fee for copies if they're large or needed regularly.
How and when to submit comments
Details about individual cases are displayed on the Register for 28 days from their first appearance. Please submit any comments about applications during this period the relevant local office by email or in writing.
As part of the approval process we consider all comments received in consultation with the applicant. If necessary the proposal may be amended or rejected.