Economic Benefits of Accessible Green Spaces for Physical and Mental Health: Scoping Study
This study investigates the economic benefits, in terms of physical and mental health, of changes in the provision of accessible greenspace.
The specific objectives of the study were to:
- Identify the ways in which accessible greenspace may contribute to improvement of physical and mental health
- Critically review existing relevant research and evidence that is relevant to this area
- Examine the extent to which associated benefits and costs may be quantified and valued
- Identify, and provide recommendations on, methodologies for economic valuation of the benefits, in terms of physical and mental health, of accessible greenspace, and the associated costs.
- Identify possible interventions aimed at increasing the economic value of these benefits
- Set out options for subsequent research